1 week from tomorrow, I will be heading up the our hunting grounds to start the 2011 season. Yeah!
There are things I need to get done before the season starts.
1. Get sick. I have been mia the past couple of days because I have been really sick. CHECK
2. Get wool jacket out. Its hanging up in my room. CHECK
3. Get warm, non-cotton clothes out. CHECK (thank you fall camping)
4. Get hand/toe warmers. CHECK
5. Boots ready. All 2 pair. CHECK
6. Guns sighted in. CHECK and DOUBLE CHECK
7. License in hunting vest. CHECK
8. Squatter out of sky condo. CHECK (so says Dad)
I think that’s all I need, right? Now, I sit and wait and prep and check in with Dad to see what else is on the camera. I had been hoping that opening day would be on my birthday and since there is a leap year next year, I have YEARS to wait until that happens, so Mother Nature can bring me a post gift by having that 10 pointer walk in front of my cross hairs. HA!