* The meat! There is nothing better than butchering and eating meat from an animal that you killed
* Sitting in the woods for hours with no technology The sun, the honking geese in the fields, the eff’n squirrels… and no office walls.
* Watching wildlife in their natural habitat I love watching does and fawns playing when they have no idea that I am in the tree nearby. Only well-behaved squirrels can hang out with me in the tree though.
* Spending time with my Dad =)
* Breaking the stereotypes of what a hunter looks like Yes, those are 4 inch heels that I am wearing
* Breaking the stereotypes of how a hunter acts Go bear hunting then listen to Alec Baldwin host the New York Philharmonic, yes please!
* Meeting and connecting with other great hunters There are a lot of awesome people in Maine and around the US who are passionate about hunting and are sharing their experiences.
* The meat! Worth being mentioned twice! On a cold snowy day having a nice bear or deer roast in the crockpot is heaven… yum!